Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 June 2015

Icarus Love

In your sweet words, I melt like Icarus's wings 
Blinded by the sheer brilliance of your heart's glow 
Caring little to none for consequences 
By now you'd think I'd have learned... that I would know  

Your passion's heat evokes my dreamer-self
Lost in love; hedonistically I glide 
Recklessly, fuelled by spontaneity,   
I summersault excitedly through your skies

No heed will I pay, to how I know this ends
My soul, in hand with yours, just wants to soar free
I will not accept incarceration here
I'd rather plummet to death within love's seas

So when I am found, washed up, upon life's shores
Please do not shed any tears, my love, for me 
For I will have tasted the heaven's nectar 
When with you, adorned in love... I once... flew free 

© Debbie Razey 2015










No comments:

Post a Comment