Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 August 2014

Imprisoned


Tears flow 
without cause 
and with little resistance
They pool 
on my cheeks
then drift,
awkwardly, 
down my neck

I know not why I cry
or for what, 
only that I do 
I feel so desolate...
so lonely, 
so void of any hope
Trapped in a life 
I don't understand, 
and with no recourse

I wish to break free
but I'm anchored 
by a cruel
twist of fate; 
so,
here I lie 
dormant

I struggle, 
to breathe, 
eat or see; 
I barely make it through the days
Yet, 
here I am;
still,
holding on 
by a solitary thread 
with broken finger nails
and hands 
too weak
to let go

Still, 
though, 
my soul rejoices in the simple; 
I only wish to roam 
free...
amongst the hills,
the trees, 
the birds, 
the clouds...
To wade in the ocean; 
to feel the moon, 
again, 
on my face

I have unwittingly
been imprisoned
by this
relentless,
barbaric disease
but to flee,
would be 
to break the ones I love... 
so
here I lie, 
still...

© Debbie Razey 2019 ~ Violet Moon Poetry 


No comments:

Post a Comment